Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Country Music starting to lose popularity?

Growing up for part of my life in the midwest farmland gave me a lot of insight into the inner workings of people that I did not encounter when I was living in the "big city".   It made me realize there is more to America than I had thought.

One of the most prominent things that stood out for me was to learn there was a larger group of people that do not live in the cities with completely different perpectives on issues.  Possibly could indicate why which genre of music is/was the most popular on the airwaves nationwide. Rock / Alternative / Pop / Urban / Classical?  Nope, Country Music.   It was amazing to see how many people that I associate with later on in life didnt know that or even could believe that the TOP 20 HIP/HOP stations didnt represent most listeners.  http://cmaworld.com/media/pdf/marketing/2005_listener_analysis.pdf

However, it would appear just recently that Country is starting to lose out to Urban music in Charlotte, NC. Not sure if this is because city living is spreading or people are just tired of Garth Brooks / Tim McGraw. http://www.radioandrecords.com

No comments:

Post a Comment